You’ve dashed your parents’ hopes and decided you want to be a screenwriter. We often get asked questions from people who, not too far in the distant past, we were: The Newbie Screenwriter. So, for our listeners who are bravely embarking on this great adventure, this session is dedicated to you. To help you get over those first few speed bumps, we’ve outlined the very basics you need to grasp and some pitfalls to avoid. Be sure to check out the useful links in the notes below to guide you.Writers Group Therapy – Session 68 – Newbie Guide to Screenwriting
- Simply Scripts (scripts to read): SimplyScripts.com
- Script Formatting at Story Sense: https://www.storysense.com/format.htm
- The Three Act Structure: http://www.elementsofcinema.com/screenwriting/three-act-structure
- Big Ideas for Screenwriters: bigbigideas.com
- Session #64 – Podcasts and YouTube for Screenwriters
- The Flying Wrestler Blog by Erik Bork
- And, of course, every other session of Writers Group Therapy!